Connect with us

Wiki

Report: £4m man heading to England to seal Burnley move, medical planned

Bart Verbruggen is expected to undergo medical tests at Burnley on Wednesday as the Anderlecht goalkeeper closes in on a £4 million move to the…

The post Report: £4m man heading to England to seal Burnley move, medical planned appeared first on HITC.

Photo by Joris Verwijst/Orange Pictures/BSR Agency/Getty Images

Bart Verbruggen is expected to undergo medical tests at Burnley on Wednesday as the Anderlecht goalkeeper closes in on a £4 million move to the Championship outfit, as reported by Belgian publication Le Soir. 

After Vincent Kompany handed a then-18-year-old shot-stopper his senior debut in the Jupiler League, player and coach look set to be reunited in Lancashire. 

Burnley will pay an initial £4 million for Verbruggen. A real show of faith in a teenager with only a handful of first-team appearances under his belt. It’s safe to assume Kompany sees something rather special in Verbruggen, then, though it remains uncertain whether or nothe will be installed immediately as Burnley’s new number one. 

The Clarets have lost both Nick Pope and experienced back-up Wayne Hennessey to Newcastle United and Nottingham Forest respectively. That leaves Will Norris and Bailey Peacock-Farrell as the only goalkeepers on Kompany’s books ahead of next week’s Championship opener against beaten play-off finalists Huddersfield Town. 

According to Le Soir, Verbruggen will be on his way to England today. He will undergo medical tests at Burnley before becoming as the eighth signing of the Kompany era, and the third to arrive from Belgium’s Jupiler League after Josh Cullen and Samuel Bastien. 

Anderlecht, meanwhile, will bring former youth teamer Maxime Delanghe back to the club from PSV Eindhoven as Verbruggen’s replacement. 

Burnley on verge of £4 million Bart Verbruggen swoop

Photo by Herman Dingler/BSR Agency/Getty Images

After landing a new glovesman, Kompany’s attention will turn to reinforcements at the other end of the pitch. Jay Rodriguez, Ashley Barnes and the crocked Matej Vydra are Burnley’s only options at centre-forward as things stand. 

The Clarets have missed out on Jackson Muleka to Besiktas, while a deal for Makhtar Gueye also looks unlikely. That is despite the fact that the KV Oostende targetman would relish the prospect of working under Kompany at Turf Moor. 

“I know I was mentioned (at Burnley),” says Gueye, who likens his style to that of Aleksandr Mitrovic. “But we’ll see if that becomes concrete. 

“Of course, I would like to work with a top former player like Kompany. He spoke to me after our match (against Anderlecht) last year and said that I had learned a lot tactically.   

“I also think that the physical Championship would suit me as a big striker with a lot of duel power.” 

Photo by YORICK JANSENS/BELGA MAG/AFP via Getty Images
The post Report: £4m man heading to England to seal Burnley move, medical planned appeared first on Ladunblog.

Trending